Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Theme Day Thursday- My Cricut Craft Room

Pin It


If you have just started following my blog I would like to tell you about Theme Day Thursday and Cartridge exploration. Each day of the week, we make items with either a challenge, theme or a cartridge. Today's theme is Winter Sports.
For more great Sports projects please check out
My Cricut Craft Room.
I don't have photos of anything sport related to crop at the moment so I decided to make a blank layout and make it my January Kit of the month. Below is the base of the layout with all of the mats attached. I kept it simple by using bazzill cardstock only.

For the left side of the layout I used Sports Mania to cut all my cricut images. The football is cut at 2", the cleat is cut at 2.5", the goal post is cut at 2.5" but I had to trim the bottom of the post off a hair. The helmet is cut at 2" and my title Football is Life is cut at 2.7". I also used the EK Success postage stamp border punch for the yellow strips and attached them with square brads.


For the right side of this 2 pager I also used images from Sports Mania. I cut the football player out at 5" tall and cut the Touch Down phrase at 2". I added a journal bow in the top right corner and used the border punch to accent it.


And that's it..the cool thing about this layout is you can change the yellow cardstock to any color of your favorite team. Just in time for Super Bowl pics. Thanks for visiting my blog...please be sure to come back again. I love new friends.

9 comments:

  1. love the colors! an awesome cartridge it is!! - awesome LO -dt sis doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Connie! I love how you can change it out for your team colors!
    DT sister
    Teresa K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout Connie! I love how you can change it out for your team colors!
    DT sister
    Teresa K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a sports person but this layout is really great! The blocks on the left side are a great idea, a really great way to get several images on a page and not clutter it!
    fellow dt sis
    www.fstampaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout looks great!!

    Sheila
    Http://2pawprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! This has to be my favorite LO ever! I will have to copy your idea for my sons scrapbook....love it love it love it!!! LOL

    TFS
    Gloria C
    www.craftnthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of these! Very nice work! DT sis

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets